First week internship experience in Govt. Higher Secondary School for Girls (GGHSS), Cotton Hill,

As part of 4th semester  school internship programme I with 7 companians from Mar Theophilus Training college reached Govt. Higher Secondary School for Girls (GGHSS), Cotton Hill, on 18th November 2019. Actually I was alloted with the 9J class. On the first day itself it came to know that there are a lot of activities mostly govt. Initiated projects are happening with full spirit in the school. So the number of periods available for teaching will be very less in some days. Any way I take it as a challenge.

Day 1 : 18th November 2019
Monday;

 First day was really a great experience. I reached school around 9.00 am. We include a batch of 8 with sheen sister from social science. Ankha and sister lincy from natural science, gayathris from physical science and ammu from  malayalam. We visited the principal and gave her all the documents and signed the register. I had 2nd hour class. So I went to my class. It was a nice class with 34 students. Lot of portions to cover till December 9th. So I am now in a war phase. I took class smoothly.  The aids were good and I was confident too.

Experience in class
 
The class was really great. I wS supposed to take them  all the 6 chapters for their Christmas exams and I have only 15 plus days in my hand. Any way I started taking the topic polynomials. I couldn't properly mingle with students as I had no time  and I am and the whole school is in a rush to complete the portions for Christmas exam.

Special programme in school

There was a programme of exhibition by ISRO tumba happening there. It was really owsome and we enjoyed it really well with students. In the exhibition lot of launching vehicles, models etc were shown and students were the volunteers. It was a great endeavor.





The lunch in school is really delicious.  All of us eat from school. As a whole it was a nice experience. 

Day 2 : 19th November 2019
Tuesday;

Reached  school around 9.00 am. I had last hour class . There is no substitution in the school. But the major problem is with the lack of space to sit. We dont have a proper seating location in the school. We are literally like wanderers.

Experience in class

The class in 9J was good. I could use teaching aids properly. But the lack of space in the black board is a major concern. When it comes to the reflection on my class then I had properly prepared and planned for my class. And I was pretty much confident too. Some students were not attentive in the class. But some how I managed it. I constantly tried to maintain a balance in the classroom.



 Special programme in school

Today there was a practice and demo section of fire force on the topic disaster management for the higher secondary school students. It was an able opportunity for all students to know about disasters and the way to manage them effectively.  It was a really nice class.

Day 3  : 20th November 2019 
Wednesday ;

It was a nice day. Reached  school around 9.00 am. I had last hour class . There is no substitution in the school. Then i had 4th hour today and i am taking extra class too. The class experience was good and effective. But strainfull because i need to complete a lot of chapters out of my lesson plan. 

Experience in class

The class was taken effectively.  Actually  I comleted 3 of my lesson plans today in 3 different periods. I really dont wanted to do that and it was not purposefully done too. But as I had to complete a lot of portions I had to do that. There are total 34 students in the class but only 29 were present today. All together it was an effective class.

Special programme in school
 
Today there was a programme in school which was inaugurated by educational minister Ravindranath. It was a nice programme. It was grand as well as colourful. 


Day 4  : 21st November 2019
Thursday;

It was a nice day. Reached  school around 9.00 am. I had fourth hour class . There is no substitution in the school. But lot of portions to cover. The class that i have taken was good. As kalolsavam is going on students were in constant practice. In the afternoon there was heavy rain with thunder and lightning. And the roof of the auditorium was leaking. So it was like a flood rescue work for us.
Experience in class

The class was really Good. I took extra class today to complete the extra portion. Actually some students were absent for the class it hurt me but I respect those who attended the class. I will work hard for the students in need

Day 5  : 22nd November 2019
Friday;

Today was a nice day . Reached  school around 9.00 am. I had last  hour class . There is no substitution in the school. I could take 5 lp completely. And started 6th. Time is less and lot of portions remaining. 

Experience in class

The class was very energetic. Students responded really well. The last period is really horrible and it is full of mess and I had to strain a lot to manage today's class. Any way it was fun. Challenges makes a person more and more strong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

conscientization programme

innovative aid 2

innovative aid 3 and 4